4 more months to go until we meet our sweet baby boy!
Lately I've been thinking about how excited I am to make my parents "grandparents" and I've been imagining the looks on their faces when they get to hold him for the first time. Then, my mind wonders what Toby must be feeling when he thinks the same about his parents. How hard it must be for him to know that his dad will never hold his children, will never tell our babies, "you're just like your dad used to be," and to know that our children will never meet their Grandpa Terry. It breaks my heart. His mom takes pride in all of her grandchildren--they are her greatest treasure, so I know it will be amazing to see her hold, nurture, and love our children. I also know that our babies will know their Grandpa Terry, even if they don't get to meet him here on earth, and that brings me happiness.
Toby and I prayed, hoped, and wished for a child for many months. I believe that God knew when the time was right for us, and I also believe that Terry already knows our little boy, and he can't wait for us to meet him!
Tonight here at work, we were listening to some music, and the song, "God only cries for the living" by Diamond Rio came on. It's worth googling and listening to if you don't already know the lyrics. Makes you think about all the loved ones you have lost, and the wonderful life they are living now!
Kolby Reid
16 years ago
Thanks for sharing your thoughts - that will be awesome for all of you as you finally welcome your baby boy. :) I've not heard of that song - I'll have to see if I can hear it somehow, it sounds good.
ReplyDeleteMy one grandpa died before my brother or I either one were born. I was sorry to miss knowing him here, but even so, I kind of learned what he was like through pictures and things Dad told. He would've been a lot of fun! I hope you find great ways to let your little one know what his grandpa was like.
Take care and God bless!
I have thought about how hard it must be for Toby too!! It will be bittersweet.
ReplyDelete