its growing fruit! I can taste them already. They'll make a very tasty apple pie...or apple crisp...or apple butter! I also discovered the need to mow the yard--but that's not nearly as spectacular to show off on here! Have I ever mentioned that I hate to mow?? Maybe I'll do it tomorrow............... :)
Our harvest ended yesterday--thank goodness! So now the boys are helping the neighbors. I made many trips to the fields with meals this last week, so that kept me busy! We had some very hot days last week, so many lunchtime meals were sandwiches, chips, and cold relish trays! At first I thought the guys would get sick of sandwiches...but was quickly reassured that when it's hot out, they really don't want a hot meal. Good! I'd rather make sandwiches any day! :)
I found a dress for my brother's wedding in 2 weeks. I wanted something cute that I could wear with my favorite red shoes! Here's a picture.I can't believe it's time for them to get married already! I remember when he called to tell me he bought a ring...but he didn't know how to ask. :)
YUM!! Apple Crisp!
ReplyDeleteI think I am going to learn to make salsa this year. I planted 27 tomato plants!! Bought 2 *6* packs,and then was given another. Then I realized they were ALL *9* packs, not 6 packs, so tomatoes will be in an abundance at my house this year!! =-)
Have a great week!
Cute dress meg! We're looking forward to watchin' the hitchin'! I am sure they are ready to get on with it! If ya have spare apples, I like to make applesauce! Let me know. . . I can even pick em' myself! And I'll share my recipe, and you can can some fer yerself!
ReplyDeleteThanks! I'm hopin it's gonna look ok! Yeah, I think they're ready for it to be over with...I'm sure we'll have spare apples if you want I'll bring ya some!
ReplyDeleteBecky--I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE salsa, tomatoes, and the whole works! I made some pretty great salsa last year for a BBQ, but I've been too lazy to make it agin this year...