Well, it's about 2:00 AM Saturday morning as I sit here at work. Isn't it amazing how fast time flies when you're not watching the clock, begging it to pass?!? We arrived to work at 6:45 PM, to be met with a nice lull...but don't ever let that fool you. We have since filled the last 6 hours with ER's. Nice to finally sit and grab a bite to eat.
Today was officially the start of harvest around our parts. We won't have much to cut this year, as the hail cut a good portion of it for us...thank goodness for insurance! They're forcasting rain the next few days, so we'll see if harvest continues this weekend, or gets postponed again.
I love this time of year, even though it means late nights, short tempers, and occasional spoken words to your spouse as you climb into bed to catch a few zzzzz's before the next day starts --all too soon. For me it means, blue skies, suntans, warm weather, cold beer, open air, and home-cooked meals...and you get to experience all this in the comfort of your ratty old t-shirt! Pretty hard to beat.
I love this time of year, even though it means late nights, short tempers, and occasional spoken words to your spouse as you climb into bed to catch a few zzzzz's before the next day starts --all too soon. For me it means, blue skies, suntans, warm weather, cold beer, open air, and home-cooked meals...and you get to experience all this in the comfort of your ratty old t-shirt! Pretty hard to beat. Toby called tonight from his cell....said the house phone wasn't working. Add THAT to my list of things to do this weekend! I need to sleep all day tomorrow, so that I'm ready to work tomorrow night...but I doubt that happens, especially now that all the harvest traffic goes roaring by outside my bedroom window. Oh well--what gets done, does...and what doesn't, well, it waits for the next day!
Keeping Buster & Becky in my prayers tonight.
That's all for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment