Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Starting up...

I'm told this is a fun way to destress and kick back, so I'll give it a try.

Right now things are busy around here, getting ready for harvest, getting ready to drill feed, and finishing the last few calf workings. We've also discovered that we can't postpone replacing our poor roof any longer...I just can't find any more buckets/pans to catch the steady rain falling through the kitchen and bathroom ceilings! (Yes, it's already gone way beyond drips...it's a steady rain!) The worst part is that we just completed the bathroom remodel I've wanted to do since I moved in...and I don't want rain ruining my brand-new flooring! I met with the insurance adjuster yesterday, so hopefully we can get some help from them!

Now for the shameful part. I had the ever-so-stressful task of taking the dreaded NCLEX exam last Monday...and unfortunately didn't pass. So, now I have put aside my feelings of disappointment, borrowed money from my parents (which requires a lot of courage to ask), and am now enrolled in a virtual review class that is taking a lot of my time, but it's time that I am committed to giving up. I know I can do it, but self-disappointment is a killer! I'm told that many wonderful nurses don't pass on their first try, but it's still not what I expected of myself!

That's all for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment