Night shift......rants, laughs, fits, laughs......ok, we're good.
Tonight's been an interesting night at good ole' CCH. I've found a few of my co-workers may have the same little quirks and pet-peeves that I'm guilty of. And all I have to say is..."AWESOME!"
Tonight, T brought me a plate full of food from the cookout--complete with an awesome piece of cherry pie. We sat out back by the kitchen and watched the fireworks @ the lake while I ate. Nothing like 4th of July at work. Thank God for a great husband who loves his wife enough to spend his 4th of July evening at the hospital watching her eat.
I've gotten back into reading for fun this week. This week's pick--"Found" by Karen Kingsbury. I've almost gotten them all finished. Surely by the end of the summer I'll have read them all. She's hands down, my favorite author. So...if you need a good book, look for anything by her.
This week, all my thoughts are centered around my brother. Evan's finally making his dream come true. He and Chelsey will be married Saturday. I know they've both waited so long for this day, and even though it's a lot of work, it'll be one of the day's they'll remember for the rest of their lives. Which brings me to my next thought...there's something about him. You see, we've had our share of fights, non-speaking terms, and annoyances with each other, but there's also a very genuine bond that Evan and I have. We have "the look." This look requires absolutely no words spoken, no explanations, and no shame. It's the look that says, "whatever it is, I'm right here." You see, we may not know the whole story, or the sadness, happiness, or anger behind the look, but we do know that we're the ones who are going to understand each other, and there are two distinct times that I remember this look the most--one from me to him, and one from him to me. And both times, it worked out perfectly.
Kolby Reid
16 years ago
HAHA--glad you liked the pie. I had to make another cherry one Sunday, because Jeremy didn't get to taste it! Toby is a good one!! We can't wait till the wedding--will see ya there. BTW--missed you at Ptown this afternoon. I got there only to find out, it was just me! Oh well, no one had ever called Sindi. Poor me, huh? Have a great week!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness! Well, turns out, I could've been there--we sat up tables @ the Veteran's building and decorated them...but most of that was done by 1! I know the feeling about not being notified! :)
ReplyDelete