Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Landscaping...and sunburns


 
This is the west corner of the porch.
 Friday evening, my Grandma showed up with a carload of perennial plants to fill my front yard. She has been just what my overwhelmed heart needs in planning this yard out! Sunday, my older brother came over and helped install the landscape edging. What a blessing this was to me...bending and squatting isn't exactly this pregnant lady's thing for long! Monday, my Mom and Grandma came back over, and we got to planting! We need a few more plants and lots of mulch now. Wonderful 3-day weekend...but I'm paying for my amount of sun now!
West side of the steps

Blue-eyed grass



I just love potato vines...and beat up buckets


My favorite plant. Blackbird Euphorbia.

The East side of the steps is awaiting a couple more plants.
Purple fountain grass
My grandma brought me this huge fern too. She decorates her whole porch with them and winters them inside. This one sits on my back patio.
Euphoria astec rainbow
This dianthus smells just like peppermint!
And I LOVE entrance photos. So, come on in, ya'll!










6 comments:

  1. Looks great!! So exciting when it starts to come together!! We will have to come by and see your new place sometime! We will have some time on our hands with all of us home now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I love it!! (And I LOVE old beat up buckets and sweet potato vine too!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great!! The euphorbia looks cool. .let us know how it does. .The fern is a foxtail fern. .I bought a big one in Woodward last spring. .and divided it last fall to take into the greenhouse for the winter. .it has done REALLY well!! Enjoy your new plantings. .NOW it feels like home :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It really starts to feel more like home when you get a little landscaping done! I love all the things you decided to plant, a beautiful variety. I love potato vine and old containers too! I have an old washing machine full of flowers. Guess I need to get some of my yardwork blogged :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its looking great!

    ReplyDelete