Our little community has experienced a tragedy this week that has left my heart feeling empty, and I don't have a lot of words to explain it. A sweet, young, kindhearted friend of my family woke up last Monday morning and found herself in labor with her 33 week old baby boy, not due until August. The situation quickly turned badly, and that baby boy didn't get to live here on earth with his family. Tragically, his beautiful momma joined him in Heaven the next evening. Her husband, two small children, parents, in-law's, siblings, cousins, and friends are left here to seek comfort in God's promise and to begin to find a new "normal". Today, we laid these two beautiful souls to rest. A packed high school gymnasium truly told of how many lives she touched in the short time she was here.
In all the heartbreak of this week, I have been amazed at the outpouring of love and support from our small town, and I am very proud to call this town my home. Combines, trucks, time, food, love, money, hugs, cards, and smiles have all been generously offered to this family in need. If that isn't enough to make you want to live in a place such as this, I don't know what is.
Now that you know where my heart has been this week, I'm going to leave you with pictures of our week's activities. I have been enjoying my family and realizing that in a second, it could all be gone.
 |
| Sister-in-law, Chelsey, niece, Emma, me, Jackson, cousin, Kiah! |
 |
| She just wouldn't agree to be my new living room rug... |
 |
| My handsome... |
 |
| Time for firecrackers! |
 |
| Uncle Tylyn was cutting wheat across the road from our house tonight! |
 |
| Buddy seats are amazing when you are a little boy who LOVES tractors/combines/machinery! |
This so sad, but what a blessing to live in such a great community! I wish we had that kind of place so badly.
ReplyDeleteLife is so precious...