Monday, June 27, 2011

Read at your own risk

I'm not normally a "mushy" person, so I'll warn you before you read any farther into this post. This is probably going to be a "what was she thinking, blogging about that" sort of post. But, it's my blog, and I spose I'll write about what's on my heart and mind right now.

I nursed my baby for the last time yesterday. I'm an emotional wreck today. If I had the opportunity, I would be THE spokeswoman for breastfeeding. I understand that not every mom can nurse her baby for many different reasons, but knowing the bond that forms between a momma and a baby, I wish everyone could experience it. The baby? Oh, he's fine. He is a 10 1/2 month old very distractable boy who has a world to explore and can't be tied down! It'll probably take me a few days, but I'll make it through. Just say a little prayer for my heart...

4 comments:

  1. Mother's love at it's very best! Your heart is permanently tied to your son, & even though things are a-changin', that string is knotted forever! You'll get through this with a lot of teeth-gritting, love, & the prayers of all your friends & family! And, by the way, mushy is ok! And, respected!

    ReplyDelete
  2. =) I'm with Cindy! Mushy is ok! And I've learned recently venting is ok too! ;)
    It's hard being a mom, isn't it? Those moments don't stop. I recently had one at a dr's appointment for a check up for Jacob. They measured him and he's 5'4. I'm 5'4 1/2 on a good day, so he will probably be taller than me by the time school starts. I was seriously shell shocked for a few moments. When did that happen?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure that's hard to stop such a precious time. I serously wanted to breastfeed, but was just too much of a "nervous mother" to be able to go through with it. I caved and went to the bottle both times. That was still good of course, but I really wanted to be more natural about it. I'm glad for any mom who can do this. :) I pray you will have good things to look forward to as you go through this phase.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was SOOO glad to be done breastfeeding all three of the boys. .they were hogs. .and ate ALLL the time. .seriously. .every 2 hours for 8 weeks. But with Cami. .I remember thinking the very same thing the weekend that I weaned her. .I had gone to a burn conference and hadn't pumped all day. .planning on weaning her. That night I got home, took her to my room and cried as I nursed her the last time. .knowing it would be THE LAST baby I ever nursed!! I feel your pain!

    ReplyDelete