Monday, June 13, 2011

June 12



I struggled yesterday. It was June 12. Last year on June 12, I spent the evening with my extended family at a good friend's wedding. I smiled, laughed, joked, and enjoyed my family together at a big table. I drove my grandparents from the wedding to the reception, and convinced my Gramps to let us stop at Sonic for a "good drink" since I was pregnant and would only get to drink water at the reception. He offered to pay for our drinks, and then when I graciously accepted, he said, "Well, take all of my money, would ya?" I remember being nervous to drive with my Gramps in the front seat, because he was a school bus driver and had logged many hours on the road in his lifetime. June 12 was the last day I got to see my Gramps alive.

If only I'd have known.

If you've never heard the song, "In God's Time" by Randy Houser, take the time to listen. It's a good reminder that it's not in our hands. http://youtu.be/71nKSAkvRos

3 comments:

  1. Thinking of you, and pray you have good memories to ease the hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is also a song "If I had only known" think its sung by Reba. A very powerful song. Thinking of you and sending you hugs and prayers. He was an awesome man and very loved by his family. Thanking God you got to spend that last time with him! g

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very difficult time! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete