Monday, June 6, 2011

Jackson and Miss Belle




I've been thinking about what we should get Jackson for his 1st birthday that will be here in just a couple months, and this weekend an idea sorta popped into my head! He LOVED R & S's Basset Hound, "Belle". She was so gentle and patient with him, and it wasn't until he touched her paw that she got up and moved away from him. He wallored (sp?) all over her for about 15 minutes, and she seemed to actually enjoy it!


I'm not for certain that I'm ready for another dog around the place yet, since I ran over the poor deaf puppy that was last featured on here. But, I might go for getting an adult dog who already knows how to live outside, and can hear very well...we'll see.


Wheat harvest started around the ranch today, with the hopes of a "break even" harvest remaining very guarded. I wish God would just send us a good, slow, long rain. Surely he hears our prayers by now, and they are surely getting annoying to him...







2 comments:

  1. Cute! Looked like the dog wasn't sure about the ear-chewing. LOL Have a safe harvest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He hears our hearts. .and I think sometimes He uses these times to catch our attention and draw us closer to Him by way of our needs!! And I am trying to keep in mind that there is a lot of wickedness in the world. .He tries to get their attention too..sometimes it must affect us all adversely! And aren't WE the lucky ones. .because we know that this earth is not our home. .and the Lord will provide for his children. .because He has already promised us that!! Doesn't mean that we won't feel pain. .means that it won't be OUR end!!We'll hang in there because we are called to!

    ReplyDelete