Saturday, May 28, 2011

Spring...I love you and hate you

Sorry for the lack of blogging, but Spring time is a VERY busy time around a ranch, and well, I've been busy being a single mom due to this VERY busy spring! Spring for us started in March when the heifers began to calve, and now we're into calf working, gathering and dispersing bulls to the pastures with the cows, checking water, getting the cattle moved to their summer pastures, AI'ing (artificially inseminating), baling hay, and a little ranch rodeoing! I'll leave you to imagine how all that can be packed into a month...but let me just say that it makes for some LATE nights and EARLY mornings for Toby. Mix that with night shifts for me, and we've been running ragged. I've said it before, but I'm not sure how single mothers do it! Here's a few pictures of these busy days.



I held my breath the entire time...



4 comments:

  1. Wow that is busy. I'd say your little boy likes being on a horse! And he's already into the TP, eh? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA We have a picture of Tristen that looks ALMOST like this, except he's EATING the paper! ;)
    Hope things ease up for you soon! It's no fun being a "single" parent. I still do not know how you work night! You must have super powers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just be thankful that the TP wasn't IN the toilet...I have had that happen before!

    Hang in there...spring will be over soon. We should consider starting a single parenting club...'cause I too, don't know how people do it ALL the time. Sure makes me very thankful that I don't have to!

    ReplyDelete