I must admit...that I'm glad my 30 day post in April is over. I think it could've been condensed into about 10 days and you still would've gotten all the information I posted in 30. I don't do things like that well. For example: If you can say it in 2 minutes, why are you talking my leg off for 45? If I can send you a text with what you need to know, I'm not going to call and chat for 10 minutes, and then forget to tell you what you needed to know in the first place. That brings us to another topic I'd like to discuss.
The Telephone.
I don't like the telephone. I don't particularly like talking on it, and I'm not a fan of it when it rings just after I've gotten the baby to sleep, and I'm tiptoe'ing into his room about to lay his sweet head in the crib. Because then, his sweet head pops up...and he's awake and in need of a nap. And every mom knows that's not a good combination to have. The reason I don't like talking on it? Well, there's really no reason, mostly just that I find it kind of embarassing. I'd like to see your expressions and body language when I talk to you. And, I know what my voice sounds like because I hear it everytime I turn the ringer off, so that it doesn't wake the sweet baby boy up, and the answering maching picks up! Does anyone like how their voice sounds when you hear it (not in your head)?
Also, I got a call from Discover Card the other day. Normally, I wouldn't answer the phone when I see things like that come across the caller ID, but then I thought, "well, what if it was them trying to tell us that our card had some fradulent charges..." So, I answered. This is what I heard after a brief pause:
"All customer services representatives are busy right now. Please stay on the line and someone will be with you momentarily."
Are you KIDDING me?!? I think they must've forgotten that THEY called ME!
Ok, so now you know all about me from my 30-day photo challenge, AND you know about my phone issues. What have I done? No one will ever call my house again.
I don't like the phone either. .the primary reason I started my blog. .to keep the family I hardly ever talk to up to date on the crazy life we live here!! THat is a riot about the Discover company!!
ReplyDeleteOnce you become a mother...the phone becomes such a low priority. That's probably why some lonely, super busy housewife created such a thing in the first place. Just keep on blogging...that's all we really care about anyways :)
ReplyDelete