Monday, June 21, 2010

Oh how we'll miss you...

I wasn't sure how to begin this post, but I'm sure all of my blog friends have heard by now that my family suffered a great loss this week. We were shocked to get a phone call early Tuesday morning bearing the news that my Gramps had passed away during the night.
Today was my first day to be at home since he passed away, and today I'm feeling really lonely. My heart is broken...not only for myself and my unborn child, but for my Gram, and my whole family. I am so glad he was doing so well, and so glad we were all together just days before he died, but my heart wasn't quite ready to say goodbye.
Toby and I weren't sure we were going to find out the sex of this baby, but we did..and I wasn't sure of the reason we changed our minds, but I now know why. God knew that my Gramps wasn't going to be able to be here to see this sweet baby born, but He knew he would find joy in awaiting the arrival a baby boy. I can only imagine the John Deere things my Gramps had already picked out for this little boy!
This is the last picture of my grandparents together. It was taken at the wedding we all attended last Saturday night, 6/12.

5 comments:

  1. What a FUN picture of Beverly and Ken--Have been praying for you all. I recall that same shock when my grandpa fell over dead in his yard one morning while working--no complaining--nothing!! I also remember how relieved everyone was that it was so quick, and so painless--for him! No one would ever want any other kind of death--The timing is NEVER good for the living! Wishing you strength and comfort!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan, I've had your family in my prayers all week. Kenny was a special fella, & I am so glad I knew him. How excited he was about the athletic endeavors of his grandkids, and I'm sure he was thrilled to know that you were bringing another generation of athletes into the family. God gives you the strength to carry on, just takes a step at a time!
    Cindy O

    ReplyDelete
  3. My grandfather passed away, sitting in the hospital rocking chair after having hip surgery. He was waiting on my dad to come pick him up, and my dad was even on his way to Pratt. The nurse has come to check on him, walked back to the station, and he was gone. We were shocked, and then realized what a blessing it was to just go like that. That's how I'd like to leave the world.
    I've been thinking of you all. I know there are not right words, but just now lots of people are praying for your comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking of you all, and pray that God will bless you with wonderful memories. Adjusting sure does take time. All you said speaks of your love for him. That's a testimony!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great picture to have! When your baby boy gets big enough you can tell him all about your grandpa and show him this picture and share all of the things you remember about that last special event with him. Store up the treasures in your heart and share them as your children grow. My kids love to hear stories about my grandma and look at pictures of her. We are never ready to let go of our loved ones, no matter how expected or unexpected it is. Have joy knowing we will see them again one glorious day and will have reunions that our imaginations can't even begin to comprehend! Hugs to you as you grieve and recover.

    ReplyDelete