For months now, I've been getting weekly emails about my pregnancy, and they tell how the baby's growing. They also give you suggestions on activities you can be doing, and one of them is to write a letter to your baby. So, I thought it might make a good blog post also. So here goes.
Sweet baby of mine,
As I sit here thinking of things you might want to someday read, I can feel you turning and kicking inside me. You've found my ribcage now, and although it's uncomfortable at times for me, I know you're healthy by how active you are. Your movements have become much stronger now, and although I feel you all the time, you seem to hold perfectly still whenever your daddy tries to feel you move. He's gotten to feel your little kicks a few times, but it's now becoming quite comical how you stop moving the moment he places his hand on my belly. Speaking of the belly, you're making your presence known now, and I have to say that I love it!
Your dad and I are so excited to meet you and have you be a part of our family. We prayed, hoped, and wished for you for so long, but God knew when it was the right time to send you to us. We've loved you from the minute we knew you were coming, and we'll love you forever more. We can't wait to hear your very first cries, hold you, kiss you, and watch you grow.
We're not the only ones who are anxiously awaiting your arrival. You have a great big family that will welcome you to the world.
You are so blessed to have two wonderful grandma's that will spoil you rotten, tell you all the things that mom doesn't know, and always send you home with a full belly! There's a pretty wonderful grandpa who can't wait to take you on your first Harley ride, buy you things you don't really need, and take you to do things that only grandpa's can. You also have a grandpa in Heaven who's been with you from the beginning, and he'll be watching you grow. You'll hear a lot about him, and you'll see him in the man that your dad is. You have a wonderful great-grandpa, two fabulous great-grandma's, and a very special lady you'll get to call great-great grandma.
You have aunts and uncles galore! You'll spend many days and nights with your "Snyder uncles" learning to ride, rope, and grow up into a "Snyder Boy." You have an uncle Evan who will teach you how to build anything you can imagine, and to know the true beauty of a vehicle--and how to care for it. You also have an uncle Tylyn who will not be too much older than you are, and he'll be a blast to play catch with, learn about sports, and he'll spoil you rotten too! Your "Snyder aunts" are on-the ball and lots of fun, and I'm sure you'll be hanging out with them many times, so be sure to mind them! You also have several great-aunts and uncles who will love you like crazy!
Now for the cousin-club. When you're born, you'll be cousin #11...so you're going to have MANY playmates!
What a blessed little guy you are.
Your dad is my best friend, my partner, and the love of my life. He'll soon be your best friend too. I thank God for my two boys everyday.
We'll see you soon little boy.
Love,
Mom
Kolby Reid
16 years ago
One of my favorite things to do when I was pregnant was read in my pregnancy week by week book. Every Tuesday when my week would "roll over" I'd read in it. Enjoy this time!
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing such beautiful thoughts! I wish you and your family all the best. :)
ReplyDeleteCan't wait!! He'll love the letter someday!
ReplyDelete