Monday, January 25, 2010

Today has tears

My heart is heavy today. We had to put our dog, Lucy, down this morning. She had gotten in a fight with some creature, and was in really bad shape. She was always such a sweetheart, and no matter how hard you tried to be mad at her when she'd done something wrong, you couldn't do it. She would love on you and look up at you with her sweet eyes, and make your heart melt. Toby had gotten her about 5 years ago to be a cowdog...well, let's just say that she failed in that department, but she did well in the best friend area. We'll miss her for sure.

We still have our little dog, Lilly, but we've decided no more dogs until we can get a place in the country where they will learn to stay, and not run off. Someday!

3 comments:

  1. We lost our little weiner dog a few years ago that I had gotten when J and I were in college. He was bitten by a rattlesnake. It was a horrible experience and we haven't had the heart to have animals since! They are just like kids!! Be tough!

    ReplyDelete
  2. =( It's always so hard to lose an animal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry about your dog Lucy. I'm sure that was a really difficult thing to have to do.

    ReplyDelete