Mom and I went to Wichita yesterday just for fun...to get some ideas of what the stores have for when we're ready to buy baby nursery things! Well, the first store we went to was a little consignment boutique called Hannah Banana, and they had some fabulous things! I fell in love with this crib bedding, and just had to have it. Our plan is to not find out the sex of the baby, so I think it will be perfect for a boy or a girl! The extra room is already red, so no painting=EVEN BETTER! That denim thing at the bottom is the crib skirt, and the green and white checks are the sheets. I just adore the cute pattern on the bumpers. They have green distressed terry cloth on the back, AND they zip off for easy washing! My mom insisted on paying for all of it, and I am so grateful to her! Now to find a crib. I have one in mind, but we have awhile to get all that stuff ready!

My Great-Grandma Betty crocheted this beautiful blanket for the baby. It's so special to me that she is still here to get to be a Great-Great Grandma, and also that she is still able to make special things for all of us. She's an absolutely amazing woman. I will cherish this blanket forever.

For Christmas, Mom had wrapped up this gift for Toby and I. It was our way of announcing our pregnancy to my Grandparents and Aunt and Uncle, but we still hadn't seen it until then! It's a moses basket, and will be perfect for the many ropings that we'll sit at!

ADORABLE!!! It's so much fun shopping for a baby, isn't it? I remember I used to go into the baby's room and just sit and look at everything, trying to imagine what it would be like to be a mom.
ReplyDeleteLove the blanket your G-ma made! Those are the VERY BEST things--the ones made from love.
Danny's grandpa died when he was young. He had Alzheimer's, but to keep him busy he would sit for hours and cut out quilt blocks. I guess there were sacks and sacks of blocks after he died. Anyway, Danny's Aunt made each great grand baby a quilt made from these blocks. Its one of my very favorite things thats been given to my boys.
Wow, you did find some neat things! What a CUTE bedding set. That crocheted blanket is wonderful, I'm sure you will treasure that. And that basket looks really handy indeed. :) That will be a lot of fun.
ReplyDelete