Wednesday, January 13, 2010

A beautiful child

Yesterday we had our first OB appointment. I was so excited to get to hear the heartbeat, but when the time came, the Dr. couldn't find one, even after searching for 10 minutes...you can imagine our panic. We all decided it would be a good idea to go ahead and have a sono to make sure everything was good, and also to be sure how far along I was since my cycles were never regular before. I quickly downed about 4 cups of water and tiptoed into the XRAY waiting room wishing they would hurry (so I could pee!), but mostly praying that we would get to see a healthy baby.

When the sono tech said, "There very much is a HEALTHY baby in there," I couldn't have been more relieved! Toby had to sit at the foot of the table, so I wasn't able to see his reaction, but I know he was as relieved as I. We were able to see this baby wiggle around, see it's heart beating strongly, and also see a nice ovarian cyst I have on my left ovary! Ha. We were also able to hear the 165-173 beats/minute heartbeat. Tears of joy ran down my face...even when I had promised myself that I would try not to cry. (I look back now, and realize that it was a silly promise to myself--who wouldn't cry at an amazing experience like that!?!)


Here's the pictures we got. You can't tell much...but we know it's a baby!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad for you both - that is awesome! It is a neat experience. Best wishes as things "move along." :)

    - Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tears came to my eyes, just reading your post. I remember both times hearing the girls heartbeats for the first time and the first sonos. They are just so amazing! Makes me want to have another, right now! Each appointment is amazing to hear the heartbeat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Megan! How terrifying and exciting at the same time. I can imagine your nerves while waiting for the sono. My dr. always told me not to get too worried if we didn't hear a heartbeat that first time, but I was honestly relieved when we did hear it. And it was always so great to get to see the baby on the sonogram! And Westynn's birthday is August 19th, so I know just how miserable those hot Kansas summers can be! Plan to spend some time at the pool...it really does do wonders for swollen feet and aching backs! Enjoy, enjoy this time, because before you know it your baby will be 5 months old like mine {tear}!! It really does make you life seem to go so much faster when you have kids. Congrats again!!!

    ReplyDelete