Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

I hope your day was filled with love, family, friends, food, and....stretchy pants.

Jackson and I spent Thanksgiving Day packing boxes and watching the Macy's parade. He kept saying, "look at dat one, Mommy!" This evening, we went to the cabin in the woods to celebrate Thanksgiving with my family. Since the deaths and changes my family experienced two years ago, we have spent the holidays together--my Mom's family and my Dad's family--all rolled into one merry party! Tomorrow, we will celebrate with Toby's family, and then spend the rest of the weekend working at the new house. We hope to be able to move in by the first part of December! It is so hard to wait when we have a brand new home waiting for us...but they are still doing finish work, so we'll wait.

I had my MRI done on my hand this past Monday. They discovered that the cyst in my hand is contained in the lunate bone (not fractured yet), and should be easily removed and then packed with a bone graft from my radial bone. Surgery is set for December 20th...so Merry Christmas to me! Unfortunately, I will have to wear a cast for 6 weeks after the surgery. I am a little nervous about the cast, because I have a bit of claustophobia, but I am hoping I will have plenty to do to keep my mind off of it, settling in our new home! I believe that there is a reason I have never broken a bone, and also a reason that moms don't usually break their arms! Who wants to wash dishes and bathe children with a preg-checking glove covering a cast? BUT...I'm hoping the pain will soon subside, and that is definitely the upside!

Jackson is changing and growing so fast now. I have a love/hate relationship with 2 years old. I love the way he learns and takes everything in...but I hate the 2 year old fits!

No Black Friday shopping for me....I think I'll stay in those stretchy pants I mentioned before!

2 comments:

  1. Hooray for stretchy pants!
    I waited for my Thanksgiving pie, the evening of, so I could eat it my stretchy pants.. ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love driving by and stalking the progress on your new house!! Now that you are moved in I will have to actually stop by and take a look one of these days...don't worry I'll give you an advance warning, lol! 2 year old fits are just a primer for 3 year old fits...so get ready!! I will trade your 2 year old for my 3 year old for a week?! Seriously....

    ReplyDelete