Yesterday, my cousin and aunt came over for an afternoon of cooking to stock our freezers. We made 4 meals each, and we're going to try to make it a monthly thing...try is the key word. Even with a major mishap...more on that later, we were done in about 5 hours, clean up, baby feedings, toddler entertainment, and all. We made White Chicken Enchiladas, Tomato Pasta Al Forno, Sauce for BBQ Crockpot Chicken, and Sloppy Joe Meat. There aren't pictures of them all, but that could be related to the wine consumption as we were cooking, or it could be related to the major mishap I experienced.
Found this recipe on Pinterest, and tried it last week. Fantastic!
Found this recipe on Pinterest, and tried it last week. Fantastic!
Kelly boiled the chicken at her house yesterday morning, and brought it over and pulled it apart at my house.


Of course, you must have a little of this to pass the time...
And a little of this helps too...
Such cutie pies
While saute`ing the garlic in olive oil for our Tomato Pasta Al Forno, I experienced a very unwelcome splat of oil and garlic in my left eye. This is where I inserted, "Holy H***, I have oil and garlic in my eye!" And then this is where Kelly and Kiah looked at me like I was joking. Who jokes about such things? Gah.
Today, my eye is swollen, but no longer feels as though a small layer may be gone from it.
Mishaps and all, we had a fun day, and I can't wait to have easy suppers to fix, since I start my 5 day/week job this week.
Let me know how the monthly thing goes. .I have seen often that people pay to do that. .or have parties to do that. .or do it on their own. I have always been intrigued by it, but never taken initiative to do it. .You're right. .meals waiting in the freezer are priceless!! Enjoy them. .and hope your eye is feeling better soon!!
ReplyDeleteI've THOUGHT about doing this. Thats about as far as I've gotten..THINKING about it! ;)May have to just do it one of these days! Hope your eye feels better!
ReplyDeleteLooks like some good food. It's fun to work together like that. Hope your eye is better.
ReplyDeleteJust a hint from a somewhat older than you all, been there, a- working-girl-comes-home-tired-doesnt-want-to-cook-with-everyone-having-crazy-busy-schedules....I usually brown up a bunch of hamburger and sausage then put -ever-how-much for my (your) family into freezer bags, i do this with bacon, and chicken, boiled save the broth in freezer bags and shred the chicken then freeze....this is all easy to use for, any pasta based meal, mexican meal, chicken and noodles, chicken pot pie, soups, omlets, biscuits and gravy, pizza, I cook a BUNCH of beans and freeze for refried beans, chili, ham and beans....over the years this has been a life saver for me on more than one occassion..It's a hassle to do a bunch of something at one time...but later I am always so glad I did it...even now with just the 2 of us...the baggies are smaller...I still love my very own stash of frozen foods....I also buy extra onions and peppers and celery when it's as cheap as it gets and use my handy-dandy chop wizzard and have these things in the freezer as well....PRETTY dang HANDY to have on hand.....My kids have been know to depend on this stash as well....dang kids....:)
ReplyDeleteRecipes please! Those all sound yummy...and there is nothing better at the end of a long day than just pulling something out of the freezer and playing with the kiddos while it cooks. Glad the eye injury wasn't more serious.
ReplyDelete