Wednesday, July 20, 2011

And so the story begins...

As promised, here's my story.



Friday morning, I awoke early to shower and primp for our quick trip to Wichita with Aunt Kelly and cousin Kiah. I awoke to a smell. I wasn't quite sure what the smell was, but it was definitely a smell. I figured I'd be coming home to find a dead mouse or some sort of critter in the back of my closet. Well, I came home that afternoon to an even bigger smell. An all-through-the-house, not-just-by-the-bathroom kind of smell. It was so bad, that poor Toby had turned on the Sentsy pot. I didn't even know he knew we had a Sentsy pot, so that tells you just how bad this smell was. AND, we found no mouse anywhere.



Saturday, I had already made plans to be in a nearby town by 7 AM for some quick garage sale-ing, and Toby was supposed to be in charge of Jack that day. We had agreed that we should probably get ahold of a plumber and see what was going on. I was sure that I would come home to a sweet smelling *autumn sunset* home when I returned a few hours later. Wrong. This is what I came home to.

And wonderful Grandma Berta was inside our stinky house playing with baby J. I feel that I must add that it was 110 degrees on Saturday. It adds to the moment. Fast forward a few hours--after multiple phone calls to different plumbers, and different suggestions, we covered the tank with dirt, and went to town! Enough of that! We decided that since it didn't smell outside, the problem probably had to do with the inside pipes or it was the rubber seal on the toilet. So, we tried everything the plumbers told us to try. Still stinky.


Sunday...still stinky.


Monday...still stinky.


Tuesday....ok, let's try a new rubber seal. (And let's go back to town because the new rubber seal that just got installed, slipped and didn't adhere.)


Now it's the wee hours of the morning, and I can't wait to get home to see if there is still a smell. It seemed better when I left for work last night, but it might just be my imagination and my burnt nose.

2 comments: