First of all, this post is in no way meant to offend any of you moms out there that may not see things the way I do...just voicing my ponderings.
- I rock my baby to sleep. Every night he gets rocked to sleep. I don't see the harm in it. I don't understand the stress people put themselves through to "sleep train" their child. My heart smiles everytime that sweet baby closes his eyes and sleeps on my chest.
- While we're on the subject of sleep--I put my boy to sleep on his tummy! I know, I know. Yes, I was terrified the first night I did it that he would suffocate himself, but instead, I woke up to realize that we'd all just slept for 4 hours straight!
- I pick him up when he cries. I don't believe you can spoil a baby. I think it's how they learn to trust you and rely on you.
- I nurse him when he's hungry. No, it might not have been 4 hours since his last feeding, but if he's hungry--he's hungry. Whatcha gonna do about it?!?
- I don't believe in "baby schedules." I DO belive in routine, however. As soon as you figure out their schedule...they're gonna change it!
- I think that spending time WITHOUT the baby is just as important as spending time WITH the baby. A child needs happy parents! (On this note...Toby and I enjoyed a fabulous date night on Saturday, thanks to Grandma B!)
- I still cry sometimes when I leave the little booger to go to work. I don't really think it gets "easier," it just gets "more familiar."
- So what if the kid's not wearing matching clothes? So what if I'm wearing the same shirt I did yesterday--the one with 6 different spit-up's on it? So what if he doesn't go to bed until 11:00?
Ok, I'll get off my soapbox for a few more days. ;)
Have a great week!
Megan, you are & will continue to be a great mommy as you throw "doing it by the books" out the window. I rocked my kids, fed mine when they were hungry, didn't force them to wait until the clock said they would be hungry! Keep on the way you are! And, DO take time for each other like you did the other evening! Having adult male/female conversation will keep your relationship with Toby solid. And, your little guy is such a cutie, & he deserves to get to spend time with both of his grandmas without mom & dad...Merry Christmas season!!!From an old Mom whose kids turned out to be pretty dad-gummed terrific(no prejudice here)
ReplyDeleteCindy
Hey, I appreciate your thoughts, Megan! Sounds like good common sense to me. :) Just continue to enjoy your little boy any way you want!
ReplyDeleteWe all have to do it the way we see fit to do it!! And what works for one doesn't always work for another. Be blessed!
ReplyDelete