Monday, March 11, 2013

This may seem minimal...

Horses came to live at our house last week. I realize how silly that sounds, but Toby and I have lived in the small town of Wilmore our entire married lives, and have kept our horses at his mom's house outside of town. One of our "I can't wait..." moments about building a new house in the country was that we'd finally get to have our horses where we live! I figured up, and it's been about 7 years since I've been able to look out the window and see horses. Now, I can marvel at them through my kitchen window while I do dishes and make dinner. Makes a girl feel country again!

We were fortunate enough to get about a 1/2 inch of rain this weekend, in addition to our big snow from a few weeks ago. The wheat pasture south of our house is greening up, and our weeds are greening too!

Soon, we'll be taking on the task of planting a yard and landscaping in new flowerbeds, trees, and bushes. I am excited to have it all done, but I am feeling slightly overwhelmed starting with a blank slate! And...grass seed ain't cheap!

We are at 12 weeks already on this new little Snyder. Not sure what it is about a 2nd pregnancy, but it's going much faster than the first one when I had nothing else to do! I'm convinced it is a girl, but who knows. I've been feeling pretty rotten for several weeks, and I don't remember feeling quite that way with Jackson. Toby's getting used to frozen pizza and nachos for supper...

I'm looking forward to spending a day this week in Wichita with my little man, my mom, and Gram. It's nice to get a break from your normal once in awhile. Plans are to hit up the zoo and then attend my last hand appointment with Dr. Morris that afternoon.

I'm the last woman standing in my house...we've been hit with the stomach bug. Jackson had it at the beginning of last week, and Toby was struck this past weekend. I hope I can escape...

1 comment:

  1. Yuck. There seems have been so much sickness this year. Hope you can get by without getting it. Its stinks to be any sort of sick while you are pregnant!
    I'm glad your horses are home and right out your window. Sometimes, those little things, are the ones that make you smile the most!

    ReplyDelete