Thursday, September 20, 2012

This week, I get to blame my lack of blogging on my sweet two year old son, who decided to test the strength of our laptop screen by throwing his $.25 bouncy ball smack in the middle. I'll let you figure out what won, and what is now neatly hidden in my silverware drawer.

So, I am blogging today from the ranch office that my dad, aunt, and I  share. Thank goodness for the ranch office...my phone just doesn't quite cut it when it comes to decision making on the house projects, researching cheaper insurance plans, and blogging.

Our "For Sale" signs went up this week, both in our yard and in all businesses around town. We are still praying for a quick sale, but I am beginning to get emotional about all that we have "made" in that cute little home. I cannot wait for new memories to be made in our new house, but there's a lot of us at "the last house to the north."

We have been told that they will tentatively be moving our home here the first half of October...which is not too many days from now! Then we will have about 2-3 weeks of finish work that they will do before we can move in.

Our guys had hard luck at the ranch rodeo in Gruver. We have another one-local-thank goodness, next weekend, and then the season will be over. We are praying for fast times and good bronc rides, good enough for a 1st place finish and ticket to the World Championship in Amarillo in November.

Jackson had another bout of pneumonia at the beginning of last week, which found us in the ER at 4:00 AM, and taking breathing treatments, steroids, and antibiotics for 5 days. Thankfully, we didn't have to be in the hospital this time, and he didn't have high fevers like last time. I just wish it would GO AWAY!!!

Until my next ranch-computer blog...

5 comments:

  1. Good luck at the ranch rodeo! Nothing like the pressure of the very last one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your l'il guy gets better!!!
    Yes, good luck at the ranch rodeo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello~I came over thru RanchGirl's blog...I was reading thru your posts and saw "Wilmore".
    Is that Wilmore KS? I have been there several times!
    Will be back to visit...your little guy is a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, it is Kansas! Interesting...small world we live in, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just stopping by to say hi....sorry to hear your little guy was sick...I know it is no fun at all....our youngest was in the hospital last year...hard on Mom for sure. Stop by and say hi. :)

    ReplyDelete