As you know, we were in Amarillo, Texas for the weekend, and as you also know, so were Ree and Ladd Drummond. I found out on Friday evening that Ree had decided to do a book signing from 11-2 at Hastings. When it got to be 1:15, and we still weren't at Hastings...I started to get a little disappointed, because I figured there was no way that I could get in line before 2:00. But thanks to a lead foot, and a sweet husband that waited in the car for 3 hours, I got to meet Ree AND Ladd!
About an hour into the line, I almost decided to call it quits, because it wasn't looking like the line was moving very fast at all, and I figured she'd say that she had to go so that she could get ready for the rodeo. But I knew if I went to the car after waiting an hour and didn't have any signatures, Toby wouldn't be a happy camper...so I ended up sticking it out and standing in line for 3 hours, and let's just say that when Toby finally came in the building, he wasn't a happy camper then either--but he was just in time to snap my picture with Ree! 
About an hour into the line, I almost decided to call it quits, because it wasn't looking like the line was moving very fast at all, and I figured she'd say that she had to go so that she could get ready for the rodeo. But I knew if I went to the car after waiting an hour and didn't have any signatures, Toby wouldn't be a happy camper...so I ended up sticking it out and standing in line for 3 hours, and let's just say that when Toby finally came in the building, he wasn't a happy camper then either--but he was just in time to snap my picture with Ree! 
Well worth the wait!
I asked Danny if he would have waited in the car that long; He said no. So I said Oh you would have come in with me,right? To which he replied HE** no..I would have been dropped you off and picked you up on the way home! HAHA
ReplyDeleteI am SOOOOOO happy you got to see them!!!!!!
If it makes Toby feel better. .Jeremy waited in multiple lines for about 2-3 hours to get to the 102 floor of the Empire State Building :-). .He wasn't impressed either. .it nearly ruined his entire day. .and thus mine!! How exciting for you!! Now you'll have to get a new cookbook to COOK with. .since you don't want to mess up the GOOD one!! I'm truly jealous!!
ReplyDeleteAwesome! :)
ReplyDelete