Toby came home early yesterday to hang out with us and carve some pumpkins! First though, he and Jackson decided to play in the leaves. Jackson is intrigued by the leaves and how they were on the trees, and now they are falling on the ground, especially when the wind blows. 
If you haven't been able to tell by now, Fall is my favorite season. I love all the colors and the crisp mornings, mild days, and cool nights. Toby calls me a "northern cow"...referring to my inability to handle heat, and says that I would do better in a colder climate. Yep, that's what you get when you marry a rancher. When you're pregnant with your first child, they refer to you as a "first calf heifer." The day that he refers to me as the "old granny cow," and sends me to the sale, will be the day that we have an issue. Anyhow, back to my favorite season talk....we carved the HUGE pumpkin that you might remember seeing from previous posts about the pumpkin patch. I could lie and say that we carved pumpkins to delight our child. But, I'll just go ahead and tell you that we did it for our own fun. Jackson couldn't have cared less until he got to peek inside and see the "guts." Toby cuts and I scoop guts. Now that I typed that, it sounds strangely like an episode of CSI.


Yes!! This DID make me smile! I love fall too. I took my men outside today for some fall pictures. Didn't get as many as I had hoped for. Evidently, 13 and 11 is the cut off ages for taking pictures for your mom willingly. =/ Hope will be over later though! She still thinks I'm cool! Just hope I can get her to sit still for a few seconds! ;)
ReplyDeleteWhat a great jack!! Devin carved them himself Thursday afternoon. .I looked out toward the shop and saw him sitting on the back the flatbed Jeremy was working on. .carving away while talking his dad's head off probably!! We love fall too!!
ReplyDeleteUh, Jack-o-Lantern. .I should have specified which Jack I was referring too :-) YOUR Jack was also quite adorable with the leaves!!
ReplyDelete