We've been struggling this week with a little 7 month old's two top teeth. And when I say struggling, I mean, STRUGGLING! The two bottom teeth were a breeze compared to this.
That poor little boy's parents...they look so tired....OH--I mean that poor little boy!
In all seriousness, I do feel sorry for the little guy. I can't imagine having to work that hard to get teeth. Good thing we don't remember it. I would demand an epidural...or something to that effect, provided that it was an option. And wouldn't you know it, the teething tablets that EVERYONE recommends were taken off the market about 4 months ago. Why? Well, probably because they worked, that's why. But yesterday, I remembered that we had these mesh teether things that I had put away until he was old enough for them. I put an ice cube in it, pounded it with a wooden mallet, and the kid had crushed ice in a mesh teether--that worked wonders! He loved it. If only I'd have remembered that about 3 days ago. Bear with me, Jack. I'll learn how to be a mom at some point. Until then....we'll be doing this.


We got a new puppy this week. She is a 3 month old Australian Shepard/Blue Heeler mix and her name is "Shelby." Jackson loves her. She has one blue eye and one brown eye, and she moves a lot, so I don't really have a great picture of her. She was a house dog before we got her, so she's having to adjust to her new life outside and her new doghouse, but she's liking it more and more.

And I have to include this picture because it reminds me of my Gramps. He loved John Deere things and would've made sure Jackson had all the coolest John Deere toys. My brother, Evan, bought this metal tractor for Jackson when he was born, and said, "it's what Grandpa Kenny would've done for him." Well, Jackson finally got to get it out of the box this week. Yesterday was 9 months since we lost him. Some things can seem so surreal.
And here's what happens when I decide to take a shower and Jack gets bored with his toys...
He rolls on in to see what I'm up to! He discovered he is exactly the same length as the width of the doorway!
Teething is the pits! =( Hope you all get some sleep soon! Love the puppy! What a sweetie!
ReplyDeleteHe looks like he's enjoying that tractor! I hope the teething eases off soon. And I have to say, that is ONE CUTE PUP!
ReplyDeleteJack is such a cutie! He is gonna break some hearts one day. Teething is NO fun for anyone, but it does get easier once they get past the first few. Hang in there Mom.
ReplyDelete