Who would've thought that last week we were braving the negative degree temps, snow, and strong north winds...and this week we're enjoying 70 degree days? Not I...especially not in February, but I'll take the warm days for sure.
We ventured out into the cold last Wednesday for yet another family funeral. My last great-grandmother passed away last weekend. Jackson was quite the little ham during the family hour before the funeral began...only to be quite the pill during the preacher's sermon and prayer. He was such the pill that the preacher made us the center of the prayer. Oh Lord. I was praying for my sweet child to stick a boob in his mouth and be satisfied with it...and here the poor preacher was praying "Oh, what a blessing it is to hear a child in the midst. We've all been in that child's parent's spot..............and so on." I know he was just trying to make light of the situation, BUT REALLY?!? Please don't draw any more attention to my screaming child than we already have.
Sunday we were blessed with a very warm day, and I for once--didn't have to work that night! So, Toby decided to do some spring flowerbed cleaning (HaHa) I even have the picture to prove it. See below. Even cowboys can do a little gardening.
Please don't pay any attention to the condition this flowerbed is in. I'll get it looking in tip-top shape by springtime. The north winter wind swirls leaves and other yard junk right into there. Ok, so after Toby got done gardening, we all went for a walk. Jackson loves taking walks. He can't wait for those warm temps to come and stay so he can go for a walk everyday!
Later that evening, we went to visit my Gram. She was hosting a Valentine dinner for all my immediate family...and she's quite the hostess! We left with full bellies and beautiful flowers! Mom and Dad gave Toby and I a HUGE box of chocolate and Toby also got super-long twizzlers (his favorite). Jackson got lots of new toys and books for Valentine's Day too. After my Gramps was in the hospital on Christmas Day a few years ago, my family started having a Valentine's Day party, since that was when he finally got to celebrate Christmas with us that year. Since he passed away last June, this party wasn't quite the same, but I'm glad we still got together to celebrate.
We took Jack for his 6 month checkup on Monday and he weighed in at 17 lbs. 2 oz. and is 25.5 inches long. Dr. said he's quite the healthy boy, and we don't have to go back for another checkup until he's a year old!
We've been enjoying lots of outside time too at our house!! I'm itching to get my plants ordered and garden started.
ReplyDeleteI was sorry to hear about your G-Gma.
I have a pretty good idea who that preacher might have been!! It sure has been nice...just think, by summer Jackson will be RUNNING around that yard of yours and you will be trying to keep him out of those flowers!
ReplyDeleteI saw a little bit of Toby in Jackson's face in the pictures of him in the stroller. .but when you have him, he still looks like a Jackson :-)
ReplyDelete