Thursday, November 19, 2009

Birthday

As you know from previous posts, last Friday (the 13th) was Toby's 28th birthday. We were leaving early that morning for Amarillo, so we celebrated the night before. I made him a cake...which MAY have been MY favorite (spice cake with cream cheese frosting), and I let him open his gift from me.
Can you guess what's inside?

Here it is!


I did some Ebay'ing last month and found these 1940's era handmade Crockett spurs for him. He's a collector of antique spurs and horse bits, and we have many on display in our house! He looked really surprised, but I'm wondering if he was more surprised that I was able to keep it a secret for a month~he usually gets me to break!


As I was coming onto my shift at work last week, I was greeted by a cute gift! My Mom and Dad got me this adorable candy bouquet in honor of my new job as an RN! :)

Stay tuned for pictures from our trip!

2 comments:

  1. I understand the "hard time keeping mouth shut" thing. I can impress myself so easily with cool stuff I find and think the other person will just LOVE! It is sometimes tough to do! Cute bouquet!! Did Amanda make that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, Amanda sure did! It was adorable!

    ReplyDelete