Wednesday, August 19, 2009

12 day review...in a nutshell.

In the last 12 days...we've celebrated my mom and dad's 26th wedding anniversary, hit two ranch rodeo's in one weekend, celebrated our 2nd wedding anniversary with an overnight trip to Shawnee, OK, to pick up tin for our new roof, made one of the two finishing touches on our bathroom remodel, attended the Freedom rodeo, AND....woke up to pieces of our kitchen ceiling on the floor!! I did say it was in a nutshell...but I suppose I could expand just a little.

Toby, Ty, Tray, George, and I loaded up in Toby's 4-door Dodge pickup and trailer the morning of the 8th for Locust Grove, OK. None of us had ever been there before, but we finally found it--6 hours later. Now, I don't know if you've ever ridden in the middle of the backseat of a Dodge pickup for 6 hours, but it is SOO not comfortable! We were expecting to find a podunk arena hosting a ranch rodeo.....BUT, instead, we rounded the corner to find an elaborate, manicured, fancy-schmancy "ranch"....complete with a bar, personal fire station, helicopter landing pad, mechanical bull, pond, RV hookups, etc.

After the ranch rodeo that night, we loaded up and headed to Coffeyville, KS, to stay at Scott's friend's house, so we could let our horses loose. We arrived there around 3 AM Sunday morning, so we were ready for a little sleep!
We were entered in the Coffeyville ranch rodeo Sunday afternoon--and
man, was it hot! We drove straight home after the rodeo Sunday night, and finally got back home about 4 AM Monday morning!

I've been telling Toby that I could really use a new camera that works well in little-to-no light! Think it'll work?
When we got back from the ranch rodeo Monday morning, we slept for about 5 hours, then got up and packed our bags to head to Shawnee, OK, to pick up the tin for our roof. Well, I splurged and got a really nice hotel room for us to finally relax in...because Tuesday was our anniversary. It was so great, and I do have to say that I would kill to have my own spa tub!
Apparantly, we didn't get the roof fixed in time--the poor kitchen ceiling finally gave out on us this morning! It just couldn't take anymore rain through the roof! What a MESS!!! (And so NOT what I wanted to do as I got out of bed on my day off!) :) So...this weekend is a roofing & ceiling project--if anyone feels the urge to help--come on over!

1 comment:

  1. OH We had a spa bathtub in our condo in Missouri last month. . .I am totally with you!! I would nearly kill for one! Happy late anniversary--seems hard to believe that 2 years has come and gone so fast--about as fast as the 15 years I wrote about a few short weeks ago! Hang on . . .and enjoy the ride-it is way shorter than 8 seconds!!

    ReplyDelete