It's been many months since I have dedicated time for my blog.
We made it through the summer, and Jackson turned 4 in August. We celebrated our 7th year of marriage in August. Our Reed turned 1 in early October.
Jackson is in preschool again this year at the church daycare. He is a helpful, challenging, questioning, beautiful, happy boy. I cannot believe that we have known him for 4 years.
Reed turned 1. It seems like just yesterday I was pregnant with him, not sure what "mom of two" would look like. He NEVER sleeps, which has made for a very long year. He is a precious, chubby baby boy.
Two baby boys....how their Daddy and I are blessed. Nothing compares.
Speaking of their Daddy.....
We will soon be spending some time in Amarillo for the Ranch Rodeo World Finals. I cannot wait for some time alone with my love. Seems like conversation can be few and far between nowadays! He still works very hard to keep us afloat! Thankful for him and his never ending love.
As most of you know, I work as a nurse in an outpatient mental health clinic. We see patients with severe mental illness, and help them to live in the community setting. Recently, I had the opportunity to work with the local hospital to assist a psychotic patient in getting his injection....and was terribly disappointed with the interaction between law enforcement and hospital staff with this man. Please, would you look up Mental Health First Aid for me? It makes me sad that people write mentally ill patients off as "crazy assholes" instead of seeing them as symptomatic in their illness....just as they would had they had a physical illness. Education....my friends.
I am thankful for our days....
Kolby Reid
16 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment