Tuesday, September 14, 2010

ONE month old!


Jackson is one month old today! I can't believe how fast time has flown by, and now I'm seeing then end of my maternity leave looming in the near future. I am so thankful that I will be able to leave my sweet boy with his awesome daddy when I do have to return to work though.



Jack is now starting to smile at us (on purpose) now, and he's also started to coo and look around more! It's a wonderful feeling when your baby smiles at the sight of your face! He's a great baby and is still getting up to eat about every 2-3 hours, but usually goes right back to bed, so that's a good thing!



We're mourning the loss of my Great-Grandma Betty this week. Our lives will never be the same without her here. My heart is full of joy that she was able to meet Jackson and spoil him with her embrace, even if only for a little while. Jack was her first and only Great-Great grandchild, and I think that's a very special thing to be! Grandma Betty was a lady who, even though I knew different, I thought would never die. She was the one who kept us all together, and always knew what to say when you needed some advice. Her stories are ones that I will always keep close in my mind. She'd been through and seen so much in her 88 years. I can't imagine her joy when she was reunited with my Grandad in Heaven, and he recoginzed her once again. Heaven has another special angel to walk with God.



This summer has brought many tears to my family, and I appreciate all the prayers, thoughts, and concerns for us. I think that God knew that we'd need a blessing in the midst of all the pain we were going to endure, so he sent us Jackson, and we couldn't be more overjoyed!

3 comments:

  1. We are going to miss your grandma! My kids just loved her and she always took the time to talk to them when they were outside. She also came to the daycare and read to the kids for the library. The kids loved her, and I enjoyed having her here as much as they did. I could have talked and listened to her for hours.
    Jackson is adorable. I think in this picture about he looks like your little brother! Enjoy him. It goes so very fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, so first thing first, Jackson totally looks like a Jackson--Tylyn is who I saw the minute that first picture came up!! Secondly--Your whole family has been on my prayer list for several weeks now!! Betty was a woman of presence, quiet, but could also say a lot with few words. She was loved and will be missed; so great that you all could enjoy her to the fullest! I'm sure they miss you at work, but enjoy your last couple of weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry for all the difficult losses you've endured lately. I can see what you mean, though, that Jackson is a ray of sunshine in the midst of everything. SO glad to see him doing well - 1 month has gone by fast, I'm sure! Glad for you all!

    ReplyDelete