Notice the spots?
I can't wait to see how tall it gets this summer...but I'm sure next season will be even better!
I can't wait to see how tall it gets this summer...but I'm sure next season will be even better!

This is a Midknight Blue Lily of the Nile, and will grow flower stalks up to 3-4 feet tall with purple puffs of flowers on the end! Looks really neat!
I got this great container mixture at True Value in Dodge yesterday for Toby's mom's mother's day gift. It has so many plants in it, and looks great! I just love things that cascade down over the edge of a pot!
The great climbing rosebush that I got last weekend at Lowe's. I have a great clothesline trellis that Toby tells me used to have a beautiful rose climbing on it, but it's no longer there, so I got another to start!
AND NOW,
THE FINISHED CORNER GARDEN...

Looks great. I have never heard it referred to as porcupine grass--I call it zebra grass--I think my tag said it grows up to 8 feet tall. I planted 2 last fall, and one didn't make it :-(. I figure I'll just cut the other one if half in a year or two. You must show pictures later of the the lily of the valley--I've never seen one. Is it perienniel?
ReplyDeleteI'd never heard it called porcupine grass either, but if you call around, that's what they're calling it! WHATEVER--just give me the grass! I can't wait to see the lily of the valley--I saw one at the nursery we went to, but didn't have my camera. Everything in the new bed is a perinneal, except for the fill in flowers.
ReplyDeleteVery nice!!!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful plants! Looks like a lot of fun. I can just imagine the rose growing on the trellis. :) Thanks for sharing -
ReplyDelete