Friday, September 4, 2009

Wide open sky

Last Saturday found Toby and I on a mission. We were going to check cattle. We sat out for the day with only ourselves, water, crackers, and our two trusty steeds. (see below)
And what a beautiful day it was! Anyone that knows us knows that our favorite place to be is on, around, or near horses, so it was a relaxing day for both of us. It's also really nice to just be able to ride around and talk, share the week's gossip, and discuss upcoming moments and issues. Although Toby calls me a tourist for bringing the camera along, I know that someday these kinds of pictures will be what we cherish and reminisce about--so I did it anyway!















While we were trekking across the pasture, we stumbled upon a prod pole, left from someone else's jaunt across the pasture. This was a much needed tool for Toby...because how else could he fling cow patties at me?!?
We had a wonderful day, and ended it with a wonderful evening @ the Hardesty House in Ashland, feasting on prime rib!

1 comment: